Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Making Popsicles

Our first set of popsicles were a simple recipe I found on Pinterest.  We always seem to have too much watermelon, so I was looking for a way to use some of it up.
Strawberries

Watermelon

Squeezing a lime

Putting them in the mold

We tried them out the next day.  And I didn't feel a bit bad about letting them eat them since they were just 3 fruits mixed together.  A win in my book!

Our second set were a pineapple whip

Just some pineapple and cream.  Although Olivia wasn't as much of a fan of them as I was.

She's already requested we make some with blueberries.  So that may be in our near future.  As long as we are using simple ingredients, I am all about combating these 100 degree temps with some coolness.

1 comment:

  1. I have a whole list of thing I wanted to do with the girls this summer - make Popsicles, ice cream, jello, etc. but we have been out of town & haven't done any of it but we are finally home form the month of August & I am hoping to do some of it with them also. There's nothing like a cool treat on a hot day!

    ReplyDelete