Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Advent Activities--Days 21, 22, & 23

DAY TWENTY ONE
I already mentioned it, but we went to the Festival of  Lights for our activity that day.

DAY TWENTY TWO
On Monday night we lit a fire in the fireplace and had hot chocolate!

We actually don't light it all that often.  It's gas and super expensive.  Plus, it shockingly doesn't put off all that much heat.  So it really is just to enjoy the cozy look of things.



DAY TWENTY THREE
We made ornaments for day 23.  I was originally thinking of doing salt dough ones, but I heard they are really heavy. We did the handprint/footprint on the canvas AND Olivia brought home a handprint ornament from school, so I didn't think we needed another handprint.  So I just bought two little dollar ornaments from JoAnn's.

She was very excited to paint the nutcracker.

She also colored a "manger".

Proud of her creations!  She hung them on the tree as soon as they were dry.  She's so cute! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment