Friday, February 5, 2010

Hungry Girl Lettuce Wraps

I told you about Hungry Girl last week and now I have a recipe review for you.  
This recipe comes from her original cookbook.  


It's called Veggie-friendly Asian Lettuce Wraps
I think it tastes pretty close to a lettuce wrap you may get at a restaurant.

Here's what you'll need.
 
6 medium Iceberg lettuce leafs (or leaves from another round, firm head of lettuce)
6 ounces ground-beef-style soy crumbles, defrosted if previously frozen
1 cup canned slice water chestnuts, drained and chopped
3/4 cup chopped shiitake mushrooms
1 cup bean sprouts
1/2 cup chopped scallions
2 T light or low-sodium soy sauce
1 T dark brown sugar (not packed)
2 t chili garlic sauce (found in the Asian food aisle)
1/2 t sesame oil

This makes 2 servings and is 4 WW points each.

1) Combine soy sauce, sugar, garlic sauce, and sesame oil in a small dish.  Mix well and set aside.

Bring a medium pot sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat.
Place all ingredients, except for the scallions and lettuce leaves, into the pot.

Add the prepared sauce and stir.  Cook 2 to 3 minutes.
 

Add scallions, cook for 1 minute more and remove from heat.
Divide mixture evenly among the 6 lettuce "cups" and enjoy.
(Ok, I put them in 4 lettuce cups, because the lettuce leaves are always so big!)

Very yummy.  Very filling.  Very healthy.

4 comments:

  1. Did you get the Boca ground beef at Meijer? I've never seen that before and I love Boca burgers! That looks good and exactly what you would get at PF Changs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't remember where I got the Boca crumbles. The box comes with 2 six ounce packages, so I bought it the first time I made this recipe. If I didn't get them at Meijer, I probably got them at Giant Eagle. Boca is coming out with more and more products every day. I'd say keep checking the freezer section!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will check this weekend. I'm for sure trying that recipe! Is that all what you ate, no side dishes? It looks enough for a meal, but I'm thinking about Jimmy..was Michael satisfied?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, that's all we ate. I probably would have served sugar free jello or something if I would have thought ahead. Yes, Michael was satisfied. I even asked him if he wanted anything else and he said no. However, he gets full pretty fast. He isn't the normal, "I'm a man so I have to eat a lot" kind of person. We actually usually eat the same amount of food. Sometimes he gets full even before I do.... but then he is hungry again in 3 hours, whereas I am satisfied for a while. He eats a little amount a lot of times a day--which,really, is what you are suppose to do, but most of us can't get past what we were taught. 3 hearty meals a day! I think last time I might have served corn with it or something. I think you'll really like that chili garlic sauce too!!

    ReplyDelete