Sunday, February 28, 2010

Nicholas Sparks

Everyone has probably heard of Nicholas Sparks by now.  If nothing else, for his books-turn-movies.  He's pretty famously known for The Notebook.  You may have also seen Message in a Bottle, A Walk to Remember, Nights in Rodanthe, and just recently released Dear John.  The Last Song will also be coming out soon.

I love Nicholas Sparks.  I actually started reading his books before I saw any of the related movies.  I've read *almost* all of them.  I have to catch up on the last two, I think.  I must say that I have liked some more than others, but have been happy to have read all of them. 

I have a few thoughts for you on Nicholas Sparks books....

First, if you haven't read the books (even if you've seen the movie), you should.  The books are WAY better than the movies.  Eventually, I will probably go back and read some of the again.  It's been probably six years since I've read The Notebook!

Second, after you've read The Notebook, you really need to read The Wedding.  It's the sequel and most people don't know that.  It has a few twists and turns and I think it's one of my favorites!

Lastly, if you are a Nicholas Sparks fan and have read his novels, you should really check out his book Three Weeks with my Brother. 
 

It is a recap of a trip his brother and him went on.  However, through the process of their three week trip, you get to learn about his past.  He had a rough life and a lot of his books are based on people in his family.  It was a neat insight into where he and his stories come from.  I listened to it on CD and really enjoyed it.

Nicholas Sparks books (in order, in case you are interested):
The Notebook
Message in a Bottle
A Walk to Remember
The Rescue
A Bend in the Road
Nights in Rodanthe
The Wedding
The Guardian
Three Weeks with my Brother
True Believer 
At First Sight
The Choice
Dear John
The Lucky One
The Last Song
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment