Saturday, February 27, 2010

Potty Talk

 
I have a confession....  I've become that person that refers to using the restroom as "going to the potty".  It's sad really.  I'm 30 years old.  I don't have children of my own.  Yet, that pesky little "potty" word has slipped into my day to day vocabulary.  I guess it's the hazard of the job.  I can be at the nicest restaurant with my husband and still say, "I'll be right back.  I have to go potty".  I mean, who does that?  I have a feeling the potty talk won't be going away for a long, long time either.  I apologize to all those who are much classier than I.  I do not mean to offend. :)

Here's a funny "potty talk" between me and Little Man yesterday:

setting: we were sitting at McDonald's having lunch with friends and he announces that he has to go poopy, so I take him into the bathroom.

Me: "Here, go in this stall"
LM: "You go in that one next to me"
Me: "I don't have to go"
LM: "Just try for me, OK?" 
Me: (laughing out loud) "Ok".  Then I held his door shut while sort of standing in the stall next to me so he wouldn't see my feet right in front of his door.  So funny!

1 comment: