Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A Bloody Mess

Remember this beautiful wreath I made last week?
 

It's hanging on my door.  I have a mini porch type of thing with a roof covering.  I didn't think it would be a problem on there.  Unfortunately, we got a foot of snow over the past few days with up to 30 mile an hour winds.  I came home Friday night to a ridiculous amount of snow and a bloody mess on my front porch.  Well.... at least it looked like a bloody mess.  Snow had blown onto the flowers and the dye started dripping off of them.  There was deep red dye splattered all over the snow at the base of my door.  At first glance I really did think a small animal had died on my doorstep.  Upon closer inspection I realized it was the flowers.  Darn.  I think I'm going to go ahead and hang it back up once the snow stops.  I just wanted to make sure you are aware of this before tackling something similar.  It's still pretty... blood and all! :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment