Thursday, February 4, 2010

Flowers in a vase

This is a Valentine's Day project Little Man and I did last year.  It all started with a Crystal Light tube.  I had the empty tube and thought "what can we do with this?".  Of course, I then thought of decorating it as a vase.  I cut up Valentines colored tissue paper into little squares.  I mixed a little glue with some water and had little man attach it with his fingers.  He HATED this.  He hates glue.  He hates getting his fingers dirty.  I had to help him, but he did finish the job.  He couldn't wait to be finished, but he finished.

Then, I drew out 8 hearts and gave him some paint to decorate them with.


I cut little slits in hearts and slipped green pipe cleaners in.
The "flowers" are a little curled up.  This vase of beauty has been all over the house for a year now.
It was the centerpiece on the island for some time after we made it.
Then it made an appearance in the entry way.
Next, it had a short stay in K and G's bathroom.
It now has it's home in K's office.
I guess at the time, I didn't realize they were going to be around forever.
If you plan on keeping them as decorations for a while (and why wouldn't you??), you may want to laminate them or cover them with contact paper.

Adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment