Sunday, February 21, 2010

Unstuffed Pepper Soup


I made this yummy soup in the crock pot last week and thought I'd share it with you.  I didn't take any pictures when I was making it, because I wasn't quite sure how it was going to turn out.  Both Michael and I liked it though.  It was good as leftovers too!  It made so much that I was able to freeze a lot as well.

Here's what you need:
1 Lb. 96% Lean Ground Beef, cooked
2 (14.5 oz.) Cans Diced Tomatoes seasoned with basil, garlic and oregano
2 (10.5 oz.) Cans Chicken Broth
1 Large Onion, chopped
3 Bell Peppers, chopped
2 (10 3/4 oz.) Cans Condensed Tomato Soup
1 1/2 Cups Cooked Long Grain Rice
 
Here's what you do:
Spray crockpot with non-stick cooking spray. Inside the crockpot, combine the cooked beef, diced tomatoes, chicken broth, onion, bell peppers and tomato soup. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Warm up the rice, stir it into the soup and serve.
Serves: 12 one cup servings, 3 WW points per serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment