Monday, February 15, 2010

Stretching your dollar... (part 5)


Couponing

Ok, I'm sure you've heard about the couponing craze.  In fact, I've posted about it on here before.  I would love to be that person that goes to the store, buys $147 worth of groceries, and only pays 26 cents.  There are a few reasons why that won't be happening any time soon.  First of all, I don't have the time.  I work a 50 hour week and spend an hour in the car each day.  Second, I don't have the space to do the stock piling necessary.  Plus, I don't think I have the energy or the motivation to go to three or four stores a week.  That doesn't mean I can't use coupons.  I can, and I do.  Here are some of the tips I've learned.

*Print coupons off line.  I never knew there was such a thing.  There are lots of good places to do this, but I like to use coupons.com 
*Target has coupons you can print.  Again, I had no clue!  They have coupons on their website for all sorts of things.
*Sign up for websites!  They will send you offers.  If you don't want to deal with all those emails, set up another account for just a thing.  I've signed up at a stores, restaurants, and for specific items that we use.
*Some places or items offer specials if you become a "fan" on facebook.
*Request coupons.  I've yet to do this, but I've heard if you write a company and tell them you are a faithful user, they should send you some coupons.
*Follow blogs that give deal updates.  There are a TON out there.  I like to follow hip2save.
*Subscribe to All You magazine.  I waited until Amazon was offering an amazing deal.  It's a magazine chalked full of coupons.  I've only received one issue so far, but I think it will be worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment