Thursday, June 24, 2010

School, School, School

Monday is the big day!  Michael starts this new adventure called school.  I'm so happy it's finally here.  We've been waiting for months for the new quarter to start.  I just want to get the process going.  Michael has mixed emotions about the whole thing, which is to be expected.  He's excited to get it going, but also a little apprehensive.  He's never gone to school (outside of high school) full time, so this will be a new experience for him.

To help make the transition a little fun and a little easier, I went and got him some fun school supplies and some goodies and made him a little "back to school" basket.  Who doesn't want to start a new stage in life with a gift basket? ;)

I sorta want one myself! :)

Here's how the basket breaks down...
Shout wipes, gum, white out, crystal light type packets for water, post its, and colored pens.  I just think colored pens make everything better.  Of course, I'll be getting the purple one for my collection, because Michael will not use it.

Highlighters that erase?!, hand sanitizer, tissues, snacks, pencils with extra lead and erasers, "flag" post it notes, and a little (manly colored) pouch thing to contain all writing utensils.

A planner, a multi-subject notebook, and a binder.  I love my binder so much, that I figured he could use one.  Plus, there is an encouraging card in there.

I was going to put a roll of quarters in there for the vending machines.  I just didn't get around to getting one.  Oh well... he knows where the coin jar is!  I didn't want to get too many school supplies because I figured he may want to pick out some things himself.  This will at least get him started.

GOOD LUCK MICHAEL!

3 comments:

  1. You are such a good wife!! Love the basket, B!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again! I couldn't do this without you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! you can do it, michael!

    ReplyDelete