Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Black Bean Chicken

Do you ever have those nights where you really don't want to cook?  Or if you have to cook, you really don't want it to take forever or make you think!  Well, if so, then I have a recipe for you.

I got this recipe from a weight watchers website a year ago.  It's quick, easy, and relatively healthy.  One of the reasons I chose it was because we were trying to eat more  beans.  They are so good for you, so any way to get them in and still have it taste yummy works for me.

You need a pound of chicken (four 4 ounce pieces), a can of black beans, a jar of salsa and a bag of shredded cheese.  It recommended WW cheese, but I just use the reduced fat kind.  It's 5 points for those counting. Preheat your oven to 350*.

Take some foil and make little pouches.  Put one piece of chicken in each pouch.

Cover the chicken with the (rinsed) beans and salsa.
It says to use the whole can and the whole jar.  That's a bit much, but I usually still do and then we just don't always eat it all.  What am I going to do with a 1/2 a can of black beans left over?

Fold the pouches up and cook for 30 minutes

Cover with cheese (again, I didn't use the entire bag)
Cook for 15 minutes more

It can be done when the cheese is melted (so not the entire 15), but make sure the chicken is done!
Mmmmm... melted cheese! :)

I serve it with rice.  Be careful when you open them though, because they tend to have lots of liquid in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment