Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Before and After, Take 3

BEFORE
 Notice the rugs and towels...

AFTER
Both the rugs and the towels were from before we got married.  They were old and stained and we just needed something new.  The new (lighter) rugs actually help make the room look bigger.  I never realized the red rugs were making it look smaller until I removed them (and Michael pointed it out!).

BEFORE
 See the things on top of the fridge?  The candlesticks are actually from my missions trip to Africa.... only candles don't stand up in them.  The clay vase/pot was from my trip to Romania.  But those dried flowers had been around and I was sick of them.

AFTER
We bought a hand blown Murano glass vase while in Vegas for a steal.  (It was priced at $1850!  We obviously did not pay that--although, that is a typical price for such pieces.)  Murano glass is famously made in Murano, Italy.  My boss had just purchased quite a few pieces, so I was familiar with their value before going and stumbling on this piece.

It's hard to pick up the color in pictures, but it is beautiful
 Honestly, the few updates we did has really helped.  We were all ready to put the house on the market and move.  When that couldn't happen anymore, we were a bit bummed.  But some simple little changes here and there has made the place feel new and fresh and bearable.

1 comment: