Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The best 2 dollars and 49 cents I've ever spent...

There is just something about organization that makes my heart go pitter patter!

Back when Michael and I first got married he was in charge of paying the bills.  It just made sense for us.  There was no real discussion on the matter.  All our bills are paid online.  He was sitting at a desk all day in front of a computer.  I, on the other hand, was teaching, grading papers, having recess duty, and making bulletin boards.  However, we both switched jobs about the same time.  Michael went from sitting at a desk all day, to never being in front of a computer.  I went from running around and planning my day down to the minute (including when to pee!), to having a very laid back schedule and lots of free time.  Therefore, it was just natural for us to switch and make me the bill payer.  Since I was going to be doing my bill paying while at work, I needed a plan.  

This is what I came up with.  A fabulous binder!!! :)  I love binders.  I have them for many things--wedding planner binder (yes, I kept it!! There is valuable information in there), recipe binders, and much more.

I take this binder with me EVERY DAY!  It is literally my life line.

I make sure to get a binder that has the clear thing in the front and back.
I keep the current calendar in the front and the next month's calendar in the back.

I keep all my bills in it.
Then I write PD on it when it's paid.

I've also kept all the past calendars from when I started.
It comes in handy to check and see what I was doing the year before.

I also keep my two and a half page list 'o fun in there for easy reference.

I keep papers to use with Little Man or ideas I've come across that I'll want to use.

Plus, I keep my list of 100 dreams in there to read often.

Unfortunately, after using it for 2 years, my beloved binder has seen better days.

So after two faithful years, I gave up old pinky for a new guy.
I got it at Target for $2.49 and it was the best 2 dollars and 49 cents I've spent.  It keeps me sane.

There weren't any pink ones this time, so I had to go with purple.

This binder is especially helpful since we don't have an office.
Although, I'm pretty sure I'd use it even if we did have an office.  It makes everything so much easier.

Now getting Michael to shred the papers after they come out of the binder... that's another story! :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for being so organized and helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your next job should be a personal assistant or personal life coach . . . you could do some serious organizing! ;-)

    Love ya B!

    ReplyDelete