Friday, June 11, 2010

Four for Friday

One.   
We are heading to Ft. Wayne this afternoon to hang out with family, celebrate my cousin's graduation, and have tons of fun with my cousins.  They are some of my favorite people and I am so excited!
(Sorry for the red eye--I would have taken it out, but it's not my picture.)

Two.
From there we are going on a very quick trip to the Ford Museum and Greenfield Village in Dearborn, Michigan to celebrate our anniversary.  Michael has been once when he was younger and really enjoyed it.  I've never been.  It should be a good time.

Three.
Remember my C25K kick I was going to start??  Yeah.  It didn't so much happen the way I had wanted and planned.  You are suppose to run each "session" three times a week.  We ran about once a week for three or four weeks.  We just couldn't get the three a week in.  We were running outside and it was too hot.  Or things would come up.  Or we just didn't feel like it. :)  Then Michael's sister was in town for a week.  Yeah.  I know.  Disappointing.  Well, I'm here to say, we're back on track!  We ran three times this week and are ready to move on to the next session for next week.  I even packed workout clothes so we can run at the hotel while on vacation.  Be proud.  Be very proud! :)

Four.
When I was teaching, parents were always saying how they were eager for school to start each year.  They would make comments about being ready for Christmas break or spring break over so they can "send their kids back" to me.  But once it came summer I was shocked at how many moms (mostly stay at home) would say they were looking forward to school being out.  I never understood it, but now I do.  As much as I like my two and a half hours free every Tuesday and Thursday while Little Man is at preschool, I am actually happy it is summer too.  Our life is very scheduled when school is in session.  Now that summer is here, we can be free birds! :)  I can only imagine how moms of school age kids feel.  They have to deal with laundry, homework, packed lunches, etc.  I am so happy summer is here.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so very jealous that you get to go to Ft Wayne and I don't! They are all of my favorite people too!
    But I hope you have a fun and enjoy your time! :)

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a fabulous time!! :-)

    Love ya B!!

    ReplyDelete