Friday, June 25, 2010

Flashback Friday

I know we just took a look back at our wedding, and sorry to bore you, but today we are going to take a "flashback" to another important date.  Four years ago today, we got engaged!! 


Michael calling his mom to tell her...

We knew we were going to get married very soon after we started dating.  We even chose our wedding date (based on when I was done with the school year), before we were engaged.  Michael got the ring and was itching to ask me.

We had already talked about getting married at our church (which ended up not working out because of Saturday night church), so he called me up one Sunday morning and asked if I wanted to go check out a park near the church to see if we wanted to get pictures taken there.  I said sure.

We started walking around and he asked if I saw any place that I would like to take pictures at. We were near a gazebo will a big circle in the side.  I said it would look cool to take pictures in there.  We got into the gazebo and he got down on one knee, said all sorts of nice things, and proposed.  I said yes, of course! :)  We made all the necessary calls, had a relaxing evening and then went out for a celebratory dinner.

We later got our engagement pictures taken at the same park we got engaged out.  Cool, right?
Our wedding photographer threw in the engagement pictures for free.  He ended up taking like 80-some pictures and sent us a disc of 55 to print as we wish.  Here are some favorites...
notice the gazebo circle in the background


In the gazebo...


The others will have to wait for my "oh how I love thee..." posts! :)
Happy Engagement Day Babes! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment