Friday, April 23, 2010

C25K

So yesterday I told you my list of goals.  One of them is to become a runner.  If you even know me for a second, you know this is pretty crazy for me.  I am not a fan of running.  In fact, I have pretty much hated running ever since I can remember.  When I was younger, I was good at throwing a baseball, catching a baseball, and hitting a baseball.  My brother would get annoyed with me that I didn't play some sort of little league like he did.  I didn't want to play any sport like that because I didn't want to have to run.  Honestly.

My reasons for wanting to become a runner are for health benefits.  I've already completed a half marathon (granted, I didn't run the majority of it), and don't really have any desire at this point to do so again.  I like the idea of being able to lose weight and improving cardiovascular health.

Luckily, my dear husband is going to start running with me.  He likes running just about as much as I do!  :)  Although, he's done much more than me because of being a marine.

Years ago I heard of a program called "Couch to 5K".  I've looked up C25K a few times over the years, but never really was committed enough to give it a try.  I am now at the place where I really want to do this.  We started to give it a try last week, but didn't get very far.  Therefore, our first week is this week.  I'll let you know how it goes as time goes on.  We'd love for you to join us if you'd like.  You can check out the program here.

1 comment:

  1. you can do it!!!! i've always wanted to be a runner too...i hate running more than anything too...let me know how it goes, if it works for you i might try it!

    ReplyDelete