Monday, March 15, 2010

Stretching your dollar... (part 9)


Entertainment

*Use your library.  I know this seems obvious, but it really was (and sometimes is) hard for me.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my library.  I go at least every two weeks and I always have a book to listen on CD or a book to read during nap time.  But sometimes.... sometimes when I'm at the store, I just want to buy that book.  Or when I'm looking at Amazon (which I just shouldn't do!), I just want to order that book.  I need to just use my library.  I especially need to use it when it comes to cookbooks.  I have too many already.  I don't need to be buying any more.  I should just check them out from the library--and so should you! :)

*You can also get movies from your library.  You'd be surprised at what you can find at some of the bigger libraries.  The movies aren't all five years old.  You can also check out C.D's if you are really into music.

*Instead of buying magazines for $4 or $5 in the grocery check out lane, go on a "date" to Barnes and Noble and catch up on all your favorite reads.

*Get Netflix.  Are you confused?  Yes, this is spending a little money, but you get so much.  For $10 a month you can get unlimited movies mailed to your house.  Not only that, but if you have a gaming system like an x-box, you can stream the movies immediately right through that.  That's how we watched Food, Inc. (Have you watched it yet?  YOU SHOULD!)  It's much cheaper than going to the movies and paying $20 a pop--and that's without food!

*Use the Redbox for movies.  It's $1!!  How can you beat that?  Even if you are lazy and don't get it back within the one day time frame, it's still only $2.  Hello!?  That's some cheap entertainment if you ask me!

No comments:

Post a Comment