Thursday, March 18, 2010

Lisa Wingate books

One of the things that I love about the particular library that Little Man and I go to is a sticker system they use.  Not all libraries around here do it.  They have these little pink stickers with a dove on them that says "Inspirational" that they put on "Christian" books.  When Little Man is pulling on my leg and saying, "Befany, when are we going to go look at my books?", it makes it easier for me to choose something quickly.  I especially like to use this tool when it comes to audio books.  I have lists and lists of books that I want to read, but there aren't a ton of Christian audio books at the libraries.  On one of those occasions when Little Man was just done being in the grown up aisles, I spotted an audio book that had a pink sticker and grabbed it.  It turned out to be Lisa Wingate's Talk of the Town.

It's takes place in small town Texas and a girl from the town enters a TV music competition (think American Idol).  It's a super easy, lighthearted, fun read.  I personally liked listening to it as opposed to reading it because the audio had all sorts of fun accents.

I enjoyed it so much that I went ahead and read the sequel.  Yep.  I had to read it, because I couldn't find it on audio.  It helped hearing the first book on audio though, because then I knew how to pronounce things! :)
Again, it was a nice, lighthearted easy read that was enjoyable and uplifting all in one.

I've read a few other of Lisa Wingate's books and I haven't been disappointed.
Some are more serious than this little series, but still great reads.
I highly recommend you checking her books out next time you are at the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment