Saturday, March 13, 2010

House Tour--Living Room

Alright.  Well, since we decided to stay in our house for another year (And let's be honest--this could change at any minute.  That's how we Sellers work.  You think you have us figured out, but you have no idea! :), I thought I'd take you on a tour.

I can probably count on one hand the number of family members that have seen our place.  (Yes, we've been married almost 3 years.)  Those who have seen it, with the exception of my sister, saw it before I lived here.  It was painted and on it's way to having a woman's touch at that point, but not our "home" yet.

I thought since my family is all over the stinkin' US of A, and some of you readers are as well, that I'd invite you in to my home.  One room at a time.  I've decided I'm going to do it CSI style.  You know-- they show you the big picture and then zoom in on the piece of glass in the disgusting, bloody hunk of flesh and then zoom out again.  I'm not going to show you blood.  I promise.  But I am going to show you the big picture and then zoom in on things that a) I really like, b) I really want to change, but can't or won't, or c) things that mean something to me.

So here we go.  Grab your cup of coffee and join me for some fellowship in my living room.  Welcome.

Standing at my front door and going around the room
(I have no idea what the "spots" are all about?)
(Don't mind Michael's giant blue water jug for work.  
We are only focusing on the living room today.  Pay attention!  Geesh!)

(Sorry... this last one is a little blurry)

So that's the room.  I think it's homey and cozy--at least for the small space we have.
Of course, there are always things I would like to change.  I'm holding out for a house though.

LOVE this little side table
We got it for a great deal at Target.  It's cute.  It's different.
I'm not sure if it was meant to be an end table, but that's what we use it as.
At first we weren't sure if we'd even find stuff to put in the drawers.  Now they are full with things like candles, camera cords, headphones, etc.

Mixed feelings about this
I love the cross... got it for $1.  I'm over the pictures.  They were cheap and matched and at the time, that's all I needed.  I have a feeling that one day they will be painted over by me! :)
The top of the entertainment center changes at times.  I just thinned it out last week.  It's meant to look layered, but Michael thought it was too much.  I'm pretty happy with it still.  I love the Willow tree figurine, the picture of my girls, and Michael and I.

Likin' this
 We just re-did the bottom of the entertainment center too.
I didn't mean to get all greenish books, but Michael pointed it out and then really liked it.
I'm a big fan of fluer de lis'.  I love this little piece of art.  I added the decorative balls just to add some color down there.

I'm OVER this entertainment center.
I bought it went I first moved on my own for like $60.  It's been good to me... lots of different moves and still holding up.  Just not really my style anymore.  When we do get a house we will be getting (another) flat screen and a more trendy TV stand.  

I really want to do something like these with it!!!!!

 (Courtesy of Cupkateer)

I mean seriously!  How cute! 
If I don't get that crafty, I plan on at least painting it and use it for a TV stand in a playroom.
That way Michael won't care if it gets beat up!


Ehhh...
That's how I feel about our table.
It's cute.  It serves it's purpose.  We just hardly use it.
When we first got married we did, but it's just not very practical or roomy.

Still LOVE it!
If you haven't noticed, I pretty much love all things wrought iron.
I don't know why--I'm just drawn to it.
I love this little get up above my couch.  I think it might look better on a lighter colored wall, but whatever.  It doesn't show up in pictures that well (for that reason), but in person it looks great.

OVER it!
I really wanted one of these three piece entry way table sets (mirror, table and lamp)
We found one for a great deal.  But now... I'm over it.
I can't wait to get a more sturdy looking piece of furniture for our next entry.

LOVE
 This is where the magic happens.
Mmmmm.... my breakfast, our wedding guest book as our "coffee table" book, my phone, and my laptop.
What more do you need? ;)

So that's it.  I know you've probably seen most of this room already from other posts.
Hopefully you get a better look and will enjoy the rooms to come.

Have a great Saturday!

2 comments: