Saturday, March 6, 2010

Oh how I love thee... (7)

(This is the first picture of us ever taken.  It was 2 weeks after we started dating. 
He had just come in from the rain, so those are water spots on his shirt.)

...let me count the ways!

I love that Michael respects me.  Simple, but HUGE.  I didn't necessarily grow up in a situation where women were respected.  When I tell him the car is making a noise and he says "Ok, I'll get it checked out" it makes me pause for a minute.  In my head I think "really? he believes me?".  When we are driving somewhere and he asks me what way I think we should go, I'm thrown off a bit.  He respects me for who I am, the opinions I hold, and the ideas I share.  I love that about him.  I also love that he's taught me that I deserve that respect.

3 comments:

  1. wow, what a great picture! Who was your photographer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture is nice . . . The post is fabulous! :-) You truly are lucky & you DO deserve it! :-)

    Love you B!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! I know JUST how you feel....it is healing to have a man in your life who loves you for WHO you are, WHAT you contribute, WHY you say & do things the way you to....I have been blessed beyond belief with a man who has SHOWN me each & every day that I deserve the best, and to be treated with great respect....

    I am truly happy that YOU have found this in your life as well...Hugs & Kisses to you both!

    ReplyDelete