Saturday, March 20, 2010

Six for Saturday

1.  Last night we had a surprise 40th birthday party for my sister.  Seeing as her birthday isn't for two more weeks, she was surprised!  It was mostly people from work, and then a few of us stragglers.  We all had lots of fun.  If you know my sister, you know that she's a princess.  This was the theme of the party.  She had a feather boa and tiara to wear.  The cake had princess stuff on it, as well as the gifts. (more on this later)

2.  I bought myself a new pair of purple heels for the occasion.  Who doesn't need a good reason to splurge on shoes?

3.  Happy First Day of Spring!  I'll admit.  Spring is actually my least favorite holiday.  I'm not a fan of the rain.  I would honestly rather have snow.  HOWEVER, I am happy spring is here.  I'm ready for some sunshine!

4. Speaking of the first day of spring.... today is my friend Laurie's birthday.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAUREL!  We'll be going out to celebrate soon... I'm looking forward to it.

5.  Even though it's going to be a busy weekend... I'm glad it is the weekend.  I don't know about you guys, but that time change really seemed to mess me up this time around.  I'm starting to realize more and more that I am 30 now and things are starting to affect me and my body now that never did before.  (Side note:  I also learned this week that a drink from Starbucks at 8 o'clock at night is not a good idea.)

6. Michael and I are going to be on vacation in a few weeks.  I'm looking forward to having a week off together to hang out and enjoy each others company.  I can't lie though.  As much as I want to be out of debt, and am proud of the progress we are making........ I really, really, really would rather NOT be having another "staycation" to save money.  I'd much rather be enjoying something like this...
I'm just saying...

2 comments:

  1. I'm just saying.... WHO WOULDN'T? That could be your reward for when you reach your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That could be a goal for you!! Get out of debt so you can take your fantasy vacation!! :-)

    Ang

    ReplyDelete