Thursday, January 31, 2013

A little heads up....

Sooo... tomorrow's blog is going to be a little different.  I want to explain now, so that tomorrow I can get right into the purpose of the blog and not have to give some lengthy explanation for my loyal readers.

About a year and a half ago I shared with you guys about one of my favorite blogs, Kelly's Korner.  I have been reading her blog for about 3 years now.  I found her blog through another blog I read, and since have found blogs to read from her posts. 

She has this thing every Friday called "Show Us Your Life".  The topics range from your favorite soup recipe, to showing off rooms in your house, to sharing parenting tips.  I actually found Kelly's blog through another blogger who had linked up with her one time.

Kelly is a Christian and is not afraid to share it.  She has a heart for many things, but one of them is singles.  More specifically, single women.  So a while back she had an idea to do a singles themed "SUYL" and sort of have all of her readers play match maker.  You can read a little about it here and here.  It went so well that she has done it a few times since.

Guess what?  There are EIGHT couples who are either married or engaged.  8!!!!!!  I know at least 5 are married.  Um, that's a better record than the bachelor!

Back when I read her first update on how so many were getting married/engaged, I sent the link to my friend Laurie.  I told her that the next time Kelly did this type of link up, I was going to write a blog about her.  She was all game.  Well, the time has come.  Tomorrow's SUYL link up is for singles!  Therefore, tomorrow's post will be all about my friend Laurie.  Y'all can be praying for good things!

If you have a single friend that would love to be hooked up, you could write a blog about them.  Or send them the way of Kelly's blog to see if there are any prospects.  Especially if you have a single male.  It's just natural that there are going to be more girls participating then boys.  I've known a few sisters who have written about their brothers.  I doubt most guys are going to be checking it out though.  SO help them out.  Send them in the right direction.  Or, do the "research" yourself and send them a link to an appropriate blog.  Sounds fun, right?  I mean.... EIGHT!  That's pretty stinking impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment