Monday, January 14, 2013

Watercolors

We finally picked Olivia up some watercolors last week. We've already used them twice.  This seems to be one of her favorite type of art project so far.

I said, "You did it!".  So after every stroke she kept saying, "I did it!"

Then she decided it was time to paint her fingers.

She started painting Mickey's finger and then said, "I'm one!"
I thought that was a pretty smart connection.  This is the picture from my phone.  I had to take a picture and send it to Michael.

Even though the paint usually ended up outside of the lines, she always started in the lines of a picture.  There were no random stray toddler-paint-all-over-the-place mess.

That, coupled with only putting stickers in empty white spaces instead of on top of each other....and lining up the items from the sensory box all around her in a straight line... makes me pretty confident that she is going to be a visual/spatial learner.

Her masterpiece

No comments:

Post a Comment