Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

Ahh, 2013... I pray that you are an amazing year.  I'm not going to lie, I thought 2011 was rough.  2012 has been my toughest year yet!  I don't tend to get into all the personal and emotional sides of me on this blog.  Ironic, since it's called "the many layers of me".  It's not that I want people to think my life is perfect or that what I write about isn't real. What I write about IS real.  I just don't like to go too deep.  I suppose on one hand, it's because it makes be vulnerable.  But I think it has more to do with the fact that it would bring so many other people into the mix.  Some whom I love deeply, and some who I tend to protect even when I'm not sure why. 

All that to say, 2012 hasn't been to good to me.  I don't usually do resolutions.  I find them kind of silly.  Yet, I find myself at a point where I need change.  Back in late October, I was driving down the road having a pity party, sobbing to God about "why" and "when" and "how".  He didn't reveal those things to me, but He did speak to me in another way.  I had an ah-ha moment, if you will.  But I was still a little mad and bitter about my circumstances.  So I stashed that bit of information in my back pocket for another time.

Two and a half months later that time has come.  So while I'm not choosing to say I have any "resolutions", I am choosing to start fresh and new.  I was at a Thirty-One party talking to a lady.  She was simply talking about the diet her family has chosen and how they are dealing with some allergies.  It was very surface level, but she kept saying "it's been a journey" and "we are on a journey".  For whatever reason, that word resonated with me.  I guess it was another piece to the puzzle that God is trying to guide me in putting together.  I've decided that I am going to have a word for the year.  I've heard of other people doing it in the past.  I always thought it sounded cool, but never really understood how it could apply to me.  Well, I now get it.  My word for this new year is "JOURNEY"

I am on a journey.  A journey to change my spiritual life.  A journey to change my financial situation. A journey to choose a healthier lifestyle.  A journey to be a better wife.  A journey to be the best, most intentional mom I can be.  A journey to deal with past hurts, to heal, and to be the woman God has created me to be.  A journey of personal growth.

As hard as I know some of the things are going to be, I'm pretty excited.  I've sat around whining to God long enough. It's time to make sure I am being a good steward of my time, talents, and money.  If I'm not, how can I expect Him to bless me?

I may keep you updated here and there about this journey that I'm on.  But until then... prayers appreciated. :)

3 comments:

  1. You are always in my thoughts & prayers, B! :) Change can be hard but good at the same time! You can do it, you're a strong person with a good man by your side!

    Love you! :)

    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the word "Journey" so fitting. Praying for you. I'm with you on a lot of those Journey's. We can always strive to have a better walk with Christ, be a better mom, wife, better at finances! I'm already ready for 2013 to be over with! Ha! It's going to be a long year for me, that's for sure! Love to hear more about your journey and will continue to pray for you through it!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete