Friday, February 1, 2013

Laurie, 34--Columbus, OH

I am linking up with Kelly's Korner for Show Us Your Life--Singles Day.
(Any regular readers who are confused, read yesterday's post.)


I met my friend Laurie 11 years ago when we were both teaching at a small Christian school in the suburbs of Columbus, Ohio.  I was new to town and she graciously took me under her wing.  We became good friends and then eventually we were roommates.  Of course, that translates to partners in crime. :)

(Laurie and her brother on his wedding day July 2012)

Laurie is one of the nicest people I know.  She is funny, geniune, giving, caring, compassionate, sweet and fun.  I don't think you'd find anyone who could say a bad thing about her!

There are so many adjectives I could use to describe her, but the number one thing about her that I think sets her apart is that she has a true servant's heart.  She is always willing to help.  She is giving of her time, money and talents.  There are few people in this world where the same could be said.

(Laurie and her mom)

Laurie has one brother, Kevin.  He was recently married and she became an instant aunt to a 5 year old boy.  Her mom is one of her best friends.

Before her dad passed away a few years ago, it was his dream to live on a farm and own horses.  He was able to briefly see that dream come to pass.  Her mom still lives on the farm and has a handful of horses.  Laurie enjoys going up to the farm, visiting with her mom, and helping out with the horses.  She's a cowgirl at heart. :)

(Laurie, on the right, with friends)

Laurie grew up swimming in a league and on the high school swim team.  She also life guarded.  After college, she went back and managed the neighborhood pool for a few years. She loves the water and the beach is one of her favorite places.  Any beach will do! :)


Laurie loves the Lord, and her personal relationship with Jesus Christ is of high importance to her.  She is active in her church.  She goes to a weekly woman's Bible study and helps out in children's church.

(The bridal party entered on segways at her brother's wedding!!)

Other fun facts about Laurie:

*She enjoys a good game night

*She's always up for Mexican food

*She is 5' 7"

*She enjoys fru fru coffee drinks


*She has a degree in Elementary Education.  After spending 8 years in the classroom, she took some time off to be a professional nanny.  She has been with the same family for almost 5 years now.

*She has just recently began pursuing her masters degree and plans to eventually return to the classroom

*She's always up for an adventure

*She roots for The Ohio State Buckeyes!  O-H!

(Laurie and I at my wedding 5 years ago.)

2 comments:

  1. My uncle is 140. He's a great guy that needs that Mrs. Right. He lives in southern ohio. I would love to meet up with Laurie and see if I thought they would be friends. And if not, maybe she and I could be friends. And you too since we all live around Columbus! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job describing her! :) She really is a great person ~ I miss my mexican night partner!! :(

    Love ya B ~ Miss you Laurie K!

    Ang

    ReplyDelete