Sunday, September 18, 2011

Bloggy Love--Kelly's Korner

I've been reading and following blogs for about four or five years now.  My blog interests have changed over the years, but I still enjoy gathering information, finding ideas, and getting a glimpse into the lives of others.  Originally I followed kids craft and education type blogs to get ideas to use with Little Man.  I also followed cooking blogs (like Pioneer Woman...  before she became such a big deal!).  Slowly that morphed into blogs about decorating and crafting ideas for me.  While I still do love these types of blogs, my recent favorite are "mom blogs".  I've enjoyed a good mom blog even before I became a mom, but now they are all the more relatable to me.

One blog that I have been following for probably about a year and a half now is Kelly's Korner.  She is a Christian stay at home mom of two from Arkansas.  I can't even remember how I stumbled upon her blog, but I have enjoyed it from the start.  It has become one of my favorite blogs.  (Oh, and she has a daughter named Harper--remember how I loved that name?) :)

I have found many other good blogs just by following Kelly's blog.  She does this thing once a week called "Show Us Your Life" (or SUYL).  She picks a topic and lets her readers know ahead of time what it will be (on the left side bar of her blog).  Then she posts about the topic (I believe on Fridays).  Her readers then write blogs about the specific topic and link up to her blog.  I'll admit, it can get overwhelming.  Most of her topics get over 200 some links.  I don't have time to go through all of them, but I do enjoy going through as many as I can.  If it's a topic of particular interest to me, then I may go back to that post multiple times over a week to keep clicking on the links.

The topics have ranged anywhere from how you met your husband, to decorating your house, to food for kids.  She has done home schooling ideas (even though she doesn't home school), book lists, and party ideas.  Last weeks was about favorite blogs.  Oh my goodness--I could be on that post for months.  A lot of the bloggers that link up with her are Christian moms, so I find good blogs all the time.  On top of that, then those woman link up their favorite blogs.  SO much to read and SO little time! :)

Anyway, I wanted to share with you guys in case any of you are in search for a good blog to read.  Also, this weeks link up is about your favorite devotional books.  I am always interested in finding a good devotional, so I thought I'd pass the link up information on to you guys.  Happy reading!

(P. S. At the top of Kelly's page is a link to her previous "Show Us Your Life" posts.)

No comments:

Post a Comment