Saturday, January 26, 2013

A day at the park

While the rest of the country was having below freezing temps, we were blessed with a few days of mid 70 degree temps.  I knew that I needed to be intentional (hello "journey") and get Olivia outside.  The truth is, even though everyone thinks I'm this extroverted social butterfly, I'm really just an introverted home body.  I have to force myself to go places sometimes.  The park is definitely one of those places.  I'm not really the outdoorsie type.  I use to only take Little Man to the park when a) all else failed, or b) it was a play date and that meant I had built in entertainment.

I honestly debated with myself for quite some time, but then sucked it up and off we went.  I knew Olivia would love it. She loves being outside.  I knew it would be good for both of us, and it was.

You have to walk across a big field to get from the parking lot to the actual playground equipment.  Olivia really enjoys the freedom of just running on her own.
We have been trying to get her to wear sunglasses forever now and she always takes them off immediately.  Though recently she has been getting more and more annoyed with the sun in her eyes.  Since she's still rear facing in the car, this happens often.  There was a pair of sunglasses in the car door and I decided to give it a try.  She actually kept them on!

We've been to the park 3 times in the last month, so when I say we are going to go swing she knows exactly what I'm talking about.  She  loves to swing!  Who doesn't?

She also explored the playground, went down the slide a few times, and played the "drums" on some stepping stools.

There is a path that walks all the way around the park.  There are multiple areas to use, with football and baseball fields and a few other places that have equipment.  We went for a short walk over to the bridge and back.  Then it was time for more swings.

LOVE HER!


1 comment: