Monday, January 21, 2013

Journey

When all these thoughts were jumbling around in my head about what I wanted to work on for this year, I knew I needed to write them down.  It was a nagging feeling that weighed on me until a few days before the New Year I finally grabbed a small notebook.  Writing things down helps to keep us accountable.  Even if it's just to ourselves. This notebook has now become my prayer journal and where I write down things I'm thankful for (more about that in another post).  So I review it every time I do my quiet time.  It's a good reminder of what I'm working on, and how I'm doing along the way.

There are six areas that I am focusing on in this journey.  They are most likely the same areas that everyone focuses on for at New Years.  But I'm not really doing it as a New Years resolution.  It just happened to fall around the beginning of the year.  This journey is definitely not something I'm trying to check off of a list.  It's more of a deal with God--for lack of a better word.  I'm giving Him this year, and hoping and praying with everything in me that He shows up and He shows up BIG.  Our faith has seriously been shaken over the past year or two, for various personal reasons, and we are waving the white flag of surrender.  As desperate as it sounds, this is sort of my hail Mary.

The six catagories that I am focusing on are: my spirtitual life, health, personal growth, finances, being a mom, and our marriage.  Under each area there are three to six specific things that I am either praying about, trying to change, or working on in some way.  To be quite honest, the only one of those that I feel I actually have a handle on is being a mom.  As she grows the challenges will change though.

We are three weeks in, and things are going alright.  Last week was a rough week and threw me off my game in a few areas, but I am jumping back in the saddle again today. :)

I just wanted to give a base point of where I am starting in my journey, so that when other posts come about, the background has already been given.  There are certainly things that I will not be sharing on my blog for the whole wide world to read, but I'm going to try to stay accountable and share the things that I am able to.

Come back tomorrow for some exciting news about one of the six areas.  (NO, I'm not pregnant.)

No comments:

Post a Comment