Saturday, January 12, 2013

Library Envy

Can I tell you how much I miss the library Little Man and I went to in Ohio?  I loved it. LOVE.  I wrote about it here.  It just had a really cool children's department.  Story time was in a castle. The walls were lined with murals and there were life sized characters that you could climb on touch.  There was a tree house with all sorts of puppets and stuffed animals to play with.  There were felt boards, those big boxes with the beads on top and activities on the sides, coloring pages, computers for listening, and on and on we go.

That brings us to our Texas story times.  They are not in a castle.  They are in rooms with 4 white walls. Ugh.  We've been to two different libraries already.  But if you have been reading for awhile, you know that my theory is that sometimes you have to library shop.  The closest isn't always necessarily the best.  So this last week, I decided to visit the "big" library in our town.  We went for the music class.

Olivia is always a little timid at first.
She was sitting in my lap, not shaking her bells, and trying to figure out if she liked the guy singing and playing his guitar.


Once they started singing some songs she knew...

"Dancing"

After a few songs she got really comfortable

After the music class, we checked out the children's area.
They did have one of those big activity boxes...
 and a few puzzles.  That was it for the fun part of it.

3 libraries and none come even close.  I guess I'm just going to have to lower my library expectations. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment