Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Who doesn't love a good sale!?!

We were wandering through the aisles of Target a week or so ago and saw that a crib was on sale.  They didn't have any on the shelf, so we asked a worker about it.  They were all out.  She did tell us that they were restocking the baby section next week so they were clearing out some old things.  She didn't know if they'd be getting any others of the clearance one in.  She said each Target is different though, so to check others.  We weren't too worried about it.  It's a little early to be buying the crib (especially with our space issues).

Fast forward a few days I kept seeing on the bump how all these people were getting MAJOR deals at Target on baby items.  Like $13 bedding sets and $8 play mats.  After work one night we decided to go and check it out.  I mentioned in my blog on Monday that we picked up a few onesies, but most of the stuff was picked over.  There was an entire aisle with signs that said 50% off and 75% off and the ENTIRE aisle was empty.  Gone.  Vultures must have came earlier in the day! :)

On Sunday we made a spur of the moment decision to pop into a different Target.  We wondered the baby aisle and stumbled upon this:
I have already spent hours looking online at baby stuff.  I made a list of what I wanted to register for.  I know.  It's a little OCD.  I wanted to know what I wanted to register for at Babies 'R Us and what I wanted to register for at Target.  I also wanted to make sure that I read the reviews and picked out items that didn't bomb for others. (I know reviews are not always a solid tool.  However, if 20 people gave it only one or two stars, then I probably don't want it.) All that to say, this is the swing I wanted.  It was one of the priciest items I was going to register for at $150.00.  As I walked down the aisle, I noticed there was no more little lamb swing, but rather a bunny swing and for $160.  I mentioned to Michael that I hoped the Lamb one wasn't retired.  He said he had just saw one at the end of the aisle.  Guess what?  It was for $75!  Woo hoo!  We decided to go for it.  How can I pass up 50% off?!

I love that it can swing back and forth or front to back.  It reclines in two positions and has six speeds.  It also plays a variety of songs and nature sounds.  Plus, it's super soft and freaking adorable!  It's still full price on the websites, so I'm happy to have found a deal.  I just hope the baby likes it!

pack and play....     CHECK
high chair...            CHECK
stroller...                CHECK
infant car seat...     CHECK
swing...                  CHECK
breast pump...        CHECK
baby food maker... CHECK

I'm feeling pretty good.  I plan on registering right after we find out the sex.  I can't wait! :)

2 comments:

  1. great deal and I wouldn't have spend a penny more on a swing (kids can be so different when it comes to a swing, we paid 85 for ours with Ryan and he was in a total of 5 times and we used it again for Molly and she was in it a bit longer but my 3 months she had outgrown it...however my friends son SLEPT in their swing till he was like 8 months old! so you just never know) ANYWAY..I LOVE IT, it's adorable...now quit buying things, what the heck am I gonna buy you!!!! geesh!!!! :) Love you and I'm soooo excited reading all this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! Yes, I have heard that babies can be picky about swings. The only other one I wanted was an online purchase and I'm trying to stay away from those (as much as I can) for my registry. Either way, I wanted this one. I figured one expensive item would be alright. But now I don't have to worry. Baby WILL like it! lol! :)

    And don't you worry... there will be PLENTY left to buy! I don't plan on making any other purchases, except furniture (crib and changing table).

    ReplyDelete