Friday, January 14, 2011

Baby Stuff!!

Thoughts of baby blogging were on my mind even before I became pregnant.  Would I put baby stuff on this blog?  Or start a new blog that was just about baby, baby stuff, family stuff, etc?  Would people get sick of hearing about baby stuff on here when it's been something totally different since it's origin?  Well, I had pretty much decided I was only going to have one blog.  Now, I'm convinced of it!  First, two blogs would be way too much work (sometimes one blog is way too much work!).  Second, there wouldn't be much for me to blog about on this blog.  I haven't been crafting or cooking fun recipes or doing art projects with Little Man.  Mainly because I'm tired and uninspired.  Also, because I lack space and creativity to do such things right now.  I'm hoping they will come back!  They might get thrown in here every now and then.  We'll see.  While I don't want to be "that mom" that can only talk about their kid (or future kid), that's about all I have going on right now.  The baby has sucked all creative juices right out of me.  So if this kind of thing will bore you... kindly check out for a year. :)

Today I'm going to share with you some super fun baby items that we have already received.  We have hardly bought anything baby related yet.  Mostly because I'm not really interested until I know what I'm having.  The gender neutral stuff out there doesn't excite me.  I have bought exactly 4 things for the baby.

1) The first day I found out I was pregnant, I went out searching for a cute outfit to commemorate the occasion.  There was nothing!  So I went for a stuffed animal.

2) An OSU outfit/pajama.  I saw it at Target, it was a good price, and I figured I'd pick it up.  It's actually 18 months.  The smallest they had was 12 months, but it will be the middle of the summer when our baby is 12 months, so the long sleeve thing wasn't going to work.

3 + 4) Two Christmas bibs that were on clearance.

We decided to combine our Christmas and birthday gifts together this year to get bigger ticket baby items.  There was really nothing we needed individually, and most of these items are too expensive to be purchased by the average baby shower attendee.  Thanks to my amazingly generous mother-in-law (and grandma-in-law) we already have these...

Little Hoot Pack and Play
Little Hoot Travel System Stroller
Little Hoot High Chair
I don't care if it's a boy or a girl, I LOVE these owls!!!!
(Sorry, I tried to get the picture of the pattern on here, but it wouldn't work. You can check out the Little Hoot collection at Target.com if you want to see it closer.)


This breast pump

This baby monitor (which we are SO excited about!)
(Little Man is about to turn 5 and we still use his video monitor during nap time.  It is so nice, because he has always napped upstairs with me downstairs.  I can tell when he falls asleep, if he's messing around in bed, or if he gets out of bed.  I realize some people don't think a video monitor is necessary.  That's fine.  But with using one for the last two and a half years and loving it, I knew it was for us!)

Lastly, this baby food maker
Yes, I plan on making my own baby food.  I have researched and talked to both moms who do make their own and moms who buy.  It's a personal preference, but I think I'd like to make it.  One reason is, then I know what's going in to it.  Two, I've heard that besides the cost of the maker (which was a gift), it's cheaper to make your own.  Lastly, I just think it sounds fun!  I realize I am making more work for myself, but I think I'm up for the challenge.  We'll see how it goes when the time comes! :)

1 comment:

  1. Your loyal readers just want to know what's going on with you. And this 'baby thing' is kind of a big deal in your life right now. Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete