Monday, January 24, 2011

16 weeks


How far along: 16 weeks

Size of baby: Baby is the size of an avocado

Total weight gain/loss: still +6... I was up 6.2 for most of the week, but I guess the point 2 didn't stick around.

Maternity clothes: mostly maternity clothes now, with some regular shirts thrown in

Gender: Still boy--I will think it's a boy until the anatomy scan and they tell me otherwise.

Movement: I think I might have felt my first little movement last night.  It's hard to say since I'm a first time mom.  They say you start feeling them anywhere between 16 and 20 weeks.  It sort of felt like a caterpillar was crawling up the inside of my stomach, for just a few seconds.  I felt it twice.  It sort of matches some descriptions I have read, such as: "butterfly flutters", "slight tickles", "a bug crawling up the belly", and "bubbles".

Sleep: Yay!  It's back to normal. Thank goodness!  I'm hoping it stays this way for a while.

What I miss: Energy!  I was promised by many books and even some people on the bump that once I hit the second trimester it would be like magic.  I would no longer feel tired and all my energy would be back--maybe even more than before I was pregnant.  So far, this is NOT the case for me.  I sleep 8 hours a night and still nap every day--sometimes twice a day!

Cravings: I did have a very mild craving.  Someone posted about a happy meal on facebook, and then for three days all I wanted was a McDonald's cheeseburger and fries.  I finally got them one night this week.  Now all is back to normal. :)  Oh, and I also bought a box of Cheezits because they sounded really good to me.

Food aversions: nothing that I can think of

Symptoms: Don't you know that right when I said I didn't have acid reflux--I got it!  The very same day that blog posted!!  I've never had it in my life and it is not so pleasant.  One day it was so bad I ended up throwing up my whole lunch and burning my throat from the acid. (Sorry!)  Luckily, it was short lived.  Although I know it can return at any point.  They say it means lots of hair on the baby.  If that's the case, then it must be coming out with Michael's hair.  Blond babies are usually bald.  I am imagining a bald baby, but we'll see!

Surprises: My mother-in-law offered to get me some more maternity clothes! Yay!  I thought I was being good and frugal with what I had.  Unfortunately, two pair of the pants don't fit yet.  My bump isn't big enough.  Plus, I had to return some I had previously bought.  That left me with 3 workable pants and 5 shirts.  My MIL bought me 5 shirts and I was able to pick up two more pair of pants on sale at Kohls with a gift card I had.  I'm going to make these work until it's time to buy stuff for late spring/summer.

Best moment this week: Watching Michael get excited about baby stuff and set up the stroller and high chair.  He's so cute.  He's going to make a great dad!

Fun purchases: It was more at the end of last week, but I didn't mention it because I had written about the bed.  When we went to Babies 'R Us last weekend we found some Halloween and Christmas stuff on clearance.  We got some hats, bibs, a pair of pumpkin booties and a gender neutral ducky sleep sack.  We also got a Christmas outfit and a winter hat.  Everything was marked down so much!  I bought baby hangers too! Then mid week we checked out a baby clearance sale I heard was going on at Target.  The major clearance was already picked over, but we did get a few baby toys and some bibs and onsies for super cheap! (like 3 for $1.83 or something like that!)

No comments:

Post a Comment