Thursday, March 19, 2015

St. Patrick's Day Play Date

Back when I was Little Man's nanny, we use to have play dates at the house all the time.  It was especially fun to do holiday themed play dates.

One year for St. Patrick's day we had our little friend Natalie over.  The kids went on a scavenger hunt based on clues a little leprechaun had left.  There was a pot of gold (rolos!) and some necklaces at the end of the hunt.  Then they played with stickers and did a St. Patrick's Day craft.  It was cute.  So I got it in my head that I would recreate this with my now 3 year old daughter. We invited our friends over and everything was set into motion.

Until I remembered that I did all these fun things with Little Man because it wasn't my money... or my house to clean... and I only had one to take care of... and all of my art and craft stuff wasn't in boxes in a garage... and I was getting paid big bucks... and...

I actually did buy Rolos, but the treasure hunt idea got dropped when I couldn't muster up the energy to find green paper and cut out shamrocks for the clues.  Sad. I know.

Thankfully Miss Alycia came armed with a shamrock craft!



There ended up being enough green stuff for the girls to make two shamrocks. These are Olivia's.  Cute!

I did pull through with the green lunch!  We had green pancakes, kiwi, pears, green applesauce, and green jello!

Logan was a fan of the pancakes!

While Logan was still eating (he is already eating us out of house and home!), we attempted a picture with the girls.

These two. Love!

We hope you had a great St. Patrick's Day!

I think Olivia did! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment