Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Olivia's Birthday

Since we haven't been involved in MOPS or preschool yet, Olivia didn't have a ton of friends to invite to a party.  So instead we just had a little grandma and Miss Laurie get together to celebrate Olivia's birthday.  We decided to do it on Sunday afternoon since some people had to work on Monday.  People started arriving a little before 3.  I was just getting Olivia up from her rest time.  She hadn't seen the decorations yet.

She came right down and went running to look at the table.  She was with me when I was looking for a table cloth and banner.  She chose Doc McStuffins.  I was trying to go with a princess theme, but she really wanted Doc.  So we had a princess/doc party.  The nice thing is that the colors in Doc's tablecloth matched all the plates,etc from Olivia's first birthday.  Which is what we used. :)

Seeing her banner for the first time.  That's really all I bought.  A tablecloth, banner and a few balloons.  It was just enough to make our little gathering special for her!

To add to the decor, Michael brought in the cake.  She hadn't seen it yet, and her response was priceless.  She screamed "Anna!"... followed Michael to the table with it, and then said, "Can I have a spoon?!"  Which got a good laugh from everyone.

Let me tell you about this cake!!  Originally I was just going to buy a cake from Gigi's.  I was suppose to work at an event until 1 in the morning the night before, so I was going to go with easy.  Then Olivia asked if we could make her cake together.  So I was going to make a Barbie cake.  I even went to the store looking for this exact doll and couldn't find it.  She saw a picture of a Frozen cake from Gigi's and then decided it was what she wanted.  Although making her cake together would have been fun, I knew I wasn't going to be up for it.  So getting a cake from Gigi's sounded perfect to me.  I told my friend Stacy that I was going to order the Frozen cake she had showed me.  It was just a round cake with the Frozen characters drawn on.  I got to work on Friday night and all on her own she had found the Anna doll and decided we would make a doll cake. I  hadn't even told her about my plan to make a doll cake.  It is EXACTLY what I wanted!!  Y'all, I have amazing friends! Everyone LOVED it, too.

But before we had cake, Olivia opened her presents.
She has recently taken an interest in Ariel from The Little Mermaid, but had never seen the movie.  She was thrilled to get the DVD from my mom.  My mom also got her a beach towel and is paying for some swimming lessons.

Miss Laurie lent the practical hand, and with my suggestion got some (Frozen!) underwear and princess pajamas in the next size up.  Olivia is pretty particular about her jammies and since Miss Laurie has put her to bed a few times before, she knew just what to get. Love.

I have been collecting things for her birthday for months.  I got her a Frozen bow at a consignment sale a few months ago.  (They sell new bows at those types of things.  It's not used. :)  It happened to match the Frozen t-shirt I got her perfectly, and I didn't even plan it.

Realizing the big box she just opened was her Anna dress and doll.
We also got her a Sofia the first dress, some puzzles, and a princess magnetic doll set.  Logan got her a new Rapunzel placemat and a Sofia cup.

We were having a hard time finding an Elsa dress.  The one we could find had terrible reviews for being scratchy and giving people rashes.  So instead, Michael's mom bought  Olivia this handmade one from Etsy.  It is really well made and by far Olivia's favorite out of all her dresses.  She also got her a Rapunzel dress and a Doc McStuffins doctor's coat.

She also got her a bubble mower for outside, some magnetic dolls, an Elsa doll and Uno Moo.

Aunt Jenny sent her a card and some stickers, and got her this giant floor puzzle.  We are trying to move from baby puzzles to more difficult puzzles, so this will be perfect.

"Grandma Kathi" got her a bag to carry her library books home in and a few activity books.  Perfect for Olivia!

Then it was time to sing Happy Birthday and eat cake!
I had a cupcake from work the night before, so I put the candles in there.  She did pretty good at blowing them out.  Boppa might have helped a little bit. ;)

A few more pictures with the cake before it was cut.  Can you tell she was excited? 

I didn't get any pictures of her eating, but she had cake and pink ice cream just as she requested.

She spent the rest of the afternoon modeling her dresses and playing with her new toys. 

 In true Olivia fashion, the more we asked her to stop and take a picture the more she ran around like crazy trying to not take a picture.  So... 

Wearing her Anna dress, while holding her Anna Barbie, next to her Anna toddler doll.

Giving Elsa a check up

We had pizza for dinner and kept the party going with a showing of The Little Mermaid.  She was hyped up from all the sugar and attention! She had a great day celebrating.

We made her actual birthday special too, but there are just too many pictures so that will have to come tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment