Thursday, April 3, 2014

I Confess...

I confess...
        I still haven't sent out my thank you cards for the gifts from Logan's birth.  I've purchased them.  It is my goal to have them out by Saturday.  Two months is still within proper etiquette, right?

I confess...
        I find all of the mommy blogs that keep being shared on Facebook annoying and overkill at this point.  We get it already.  Everybody wants somebody to stop doing something.  Mostly because they feel guilty for not doing it themselves.  And if Pinterest is too much pressure for you, then get off it.  Stop ridiculing everyone else who can handle it and use it without going crazy.

I confess...
        Along the same lines--I will continue to judge.  In the long run it is not going to matter if your child is formula fed or breast fed, you use disposables or cloth, you make your own food or use jars, your kids sleeps in your room until they are 1 or were in their own crib on day one. Those are choices we all get to make that work for us.  I am all about "doing what works".  However, when "what works" is putting your child in obvious danger (i.e. children have died), then I judge.  And pray it doesn't happen to you.

I confess...
        My daughter is turning out to be ALL me and I am pretty darn scared.

I confess...
        I find it annoying when people tell me my family is "perfect" because I got a boy and now "I have one of each" so I can be done and all is well with the world.  It's rude, people.  One boy and one girl does not equal the perfect family.  Similarly, when someone is having a second (or third) of the same gender, don't ask them if they wished it was (fill in opposite gender) or make comments about them needing to "try again". Healthy babies make the best families.  It doesn't matter the gender.  For the record, I would be done having children whether it was a boy or a girl.

I confess...
        I miss Texas.  Seriously.  Why did we move again?

I confess...
        I haven't printed pictures in over two years. Now I have another child with even more pictures that need printing and the whole thing is just overwhelming.  I'm just going to have to buy my kids digital picture frames or something.  I need a digital scrapbook too.

I confess...
        Speaking of pictures, I didn't do newborn pictures this time.  We talked about it and even chose a photographer. But then with moving and Christmas and buying furniture, it just never happened.  I am only OK with this because he is a boy.  Is that sexist?  But seriously.  The girls have all the cute props and the bows and the ruffle butts.  What is there to do with a newborn baby boy?  Not much.  Don't worry. Family pictures have been scheduled.  We'll get some of the little guy too. :)

I confess...
        My dad had a shirt when I was younger that a friend made him.  On the front it said, "I don't play games very well" and on the back it said, "So I don't play them at all."  I recently feel like I need this shirt.  Or bumper sticker.  Or tattoo.  (My daughter may be all mine, but I am not to blame! ha!)

I confess...
        The newborn phase is not my favorite.  I love my child, and I will gladly hold him/cuddle him/rock him and meet all his needs.  I'm just not a huge fan of the "blob" stage.

That's all the feisty I got for today....  We'll be back to our regularly scheduled blogging tomorrow. :)

P.S. Michael asked what I was doing. I told him writing a blog.  He asked the topic and I told him about things I confess.  He said, "Oh, when is it going to post?  It sounds like it will be a good one."  I just love him! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment