Friday, April 11, 2014

Stitch Fix--Fix 1

Look what came in the mail yesterday?

My first fix!

Ok.  It looked a little better than this. I tore into it before taking a picture.  But even the presentation was cute.  And it tells you just what to do.

You get a card with instructions, an invoice, a prepaid bag to put the unwanted items back in the mail, and a little note from your stylist with cards showing you how to wear the items.  Again, the idea is that you buy a few pieces that can mix and match with items that are already in your closet.

First, I got skinny jeans.  The funny thing is that I have been avoiding this trend for years now thinking that I couldn't pull it off.  I literally just bought myself my first pair of skinny jeans from Old Navy two days ago.  I loved the fit of the ones that were sent to me.  They are about twice as much as I would normally pay for a pair of jeans.  I realize that jeans are a staple investment and that most people probably pay what these cost.  Unfortunately, my jean budget is still for places like Old Navy and Target.

The shirt was very comfortable.  It's probably not something that I would normally be drawn to, but I liked it. I just felt like it made me look a little boxy and the stripes weren't helping my post-baby-still-have-the-fat-roll body.

When I signed up for my stitch I was just imagining that it would come with a chevron top.  This "zig zag" shirt was pretty much what I was expecting.  I am right on the border of sizes and it was just a smidge too tight around certain parts, but was still alright.  By itself as seen here, it's not the most flattering.  Obviously it would be way cuter without that post pregnancy stomach!

But when I paired it with the navy blue sweater that was sent, it was a great piece.  This picture is 4 out of the 5 pieces sent--jeans, shirt, sweater and necklace.  I actually like this outfit.  I don't think that it is necessarily too far off from something I would pick out for myself.  I do think the items were much better quality than what I would normally get at Kohl's, Target, or Old Navy.  If price wasn't an issue, I would have kept this entire outfit.

Ultimately I could only choose to keep one piece.  I would have liked to keep the sweater and zig zag shirt, but it was just a bit more than I wanted to spend. So I kept the zig zag shirt (with help deciding from Michael).  I can find a navy sweater that is similar for cheaper. It's a pretty basic piece.  But the shirt is more unique.

I definitely plan on doing this again.  I can't do it every month, but I don't shop for clothes every month anyway.  I actually hardly ever shop for clothes.  But I will do it here and there to add quality pieces to my collection.  It was a lot of fun!

When you "check out" they ask you about each piece--did it fit right, did you like the style, what did you think of the price, etc.  I'm anxious to see how they use that information to help guide my next fix.  Warning: It might be a little addicting! :)

If you want to sign up, use my referral code and I can get some shopping credit!  I think every girl should try it at least once.

No comments:

Post a Comment