Thursday, April 10, 2014

Pinterest Pasta

We tried two new recipes this week and they both happened to have pasta involved.

(source)
We like pesto and the picture just looked yummy.  This blog that I got it from was actually someone else who got it off of Pinterest, tried it, and liked it.  I didn't read the comments until I was about to make it. Some people were complaining that the shells got hard. So I made a few modifications.  I put some milk in the bottom of my pan, added a little extra cream cheese (because yum), and I covered it with aluminum foil.  The shells weren't hard at all. It seemed a bit salty to me, but we still liked it.  Well, Olivia wouldn't try it because it had chicken in it.  Typical.

The other recipe came from my sister.  I think I mentioned it on here before, but she is always sharing her recipes with me.  When I first moved out on my own it was her sending me recipes that got me cooking. Growing up I avoided cooking at all costs.  I was already going to school, active in my youth group, working 30 hours a week, trying to have a social life, and I had a ridiculous amount of chores.  Adding cooking to the list was not something I was going to do, so I showed little interest.  I could read a recipe, but hadn't made any meal from start to finish.  My sister loves to find new recipes, so she'd send me her good ones.  She would even look for recipes for two that she thought looked good and send them my way.  I would call her up if I had any cooking related questions.  From there I pretty much taught myself.  Turns out, I actually enjoy cooking!
(source)
She found this pin for Spicy Sausage Pasta and tried it.  I think she said she made it with shrimp though.  Her family liked it, so I thought it was worth a try.  I made it just as the recipe called. Michael and I both liked it.  I will definitely make it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment