Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter

We were about 30 minutes out of town on Friday when I realized I had left the kids Easter baskets in their hiding place in my closet.  I kept reminding myself to get them out, but after packing for 4 people it just got forgotten.  So our Easter morning didn't start with a visit from the Easter bunny.  Luckily we are still at the age where she doesn't know any different.  Instead, we just rushed around and made it to church just in time.

We were able to get a family picture after.  I am pretty sure this is our first family picture with all four of us.  I really need to get better about that.  We do have family pictures schedule for a few weeks from now though.

We had lunch at my Aunt Donna's house.  Then my grandma had a little egg hunt for the 4 little kids that were there.
These sweet girls are only 3 months apart in age.

 I told my cousin ahead of time that I was pretty sure Olivia was not going to do well at the egg hunting.  All of the "egg hunts" we have been to have been a field of eggs right out in the open.  I'm pretty sure Sonja's kids found ALL of the eggs first.  Even when an egg was pointed out to Olivia, someone snatched it up before she could even get to it.  She is slooooooow and methodical.

My cousin Allison tried helping her out.

Of course the other kids shared and everyone got a fair amount.  Since Olivia had no idea what was going on, she didn't even notice anyway.  We'll have to practice for next year. :)

We went back to my Aunt's house (they are neighbors) and she checked out her loot.

She got an Easter basket from my mom and was all about her Frozen book.

My younger cousin Andrew has a little girl that is just two weeks older than Logan.

So we had to get a picture of them together too.

Of course, Olivia wanted in on the action too.

Logan with his GiGi (my grandma)

With both kids--Olivia was pretty much just done at this point.

It was a good visit though.  Olivia loved staying at GiGi's house.  Hopefully she will get use to the crowds, noise and chaos at some point.  She has to, right? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment