Saturday, April 5, 2014

1st and 2nd Month Loves

Logan is two months today!  Time is flying.  I'm going to wait until after his doctor's appointment to post his two month blog so I can add his stats.  But I thought I'd share some other two month fun. 

When Olivia was a baby I did a monthly post about items we loved that month.  I got the idea from a few other bloggers.  I found their lists helpful, so I thought it might be helpful for someone who was reading my blog. 

I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel this time.  Most of what we used for Olivia is what we are using this time.  Obviously if it worked, then why not do it again? And if it didn't work last time then we probably got rid of it.  Needless to say, I'm not sure I'm going to be doing this post repeatedly over the first year.  But there are a few things that I have used this time that I am loving so I thought I would share.

The Fisher Price Rock 'n Play Sleeper
(source)
There was all sorts of buzz about this when I was pregnant with Olivia.  We had a swing and bouncer  and all sorts of other contraptions though, so I didn't get one.  But I've seen over and over again where people say this is one of their number one baby items.  So while I was pregnant with Logan I happened to see one on clearance at Target. I scooped it up.  I'm so glad I did. It was one of the only places Logan liked to hang out in for the first 6 weeks or so.  He naps in it even still.  And a few weeks ago he was a little congested and the angle was perfect for helping him sleep through the night. The newer models come with a vibrator, which I think is why mine was on clearance.  It would be nice to have that feature, but it still works for us without it.  It's so lightweight and can be easily folded up, which makes it nice to carry around the house.  We have definitely gotten our money out of this one.

The First Years Night and Day Bottle Warmer
(source)
Once you open a bottle of ready to feed formula, it has to be kept in the fridge.  That means each bottle needs to be heated up for the baby.  We had a bottle warmer last time that we hated.  I tried selling it before we moved and it ended up in some random box and we have no clue where that is. So we needed a new one and one that was more efficient.  We love this one because it has a cooler attached.  We make up two bottles for middle of the night feedings and then put them in there. Then we take the whole system to our room.  It heats them up much faster than our other warmer as well.  It took a little trial and error with how much water to use, but we've got it down now and this thing is a lifesaver.

JJ Cole Car Seat Cover
(source)
We didn't use one of these with Olivia.  She was a summer baby, and by the time we would have needed to use it she had switched to her convertible car seat.  It is obviously much colder this time around, so something like this was necessary.  Remember though-- it must be the kind that goes on like a shower cap.  Absolutely nothing should be between your baby and the seat.  There are a lot of things sold on the market today are not safe when it comes to car seats.

Munchkin Nursery Projector and Sound Machine
(source)
A white noise machine was necessary for Olivia since we were living in an apartment.  She still uses hers to this day.  A white noise machine became necessary this time because we live with a toddler. :)  Logan is still sleeping in our room at night, but I try to have him sleep in his room for naps.  The more we tell Olivia to be quiet, the louder she gets.  This machine has all sorts of fun features. It displays pictures on the wall, has different modes of music and noise, and has a voice activated start. I'm sure we will get much use out of it in the coming years. Right now I'm just loving that it helps block out any noise from the big sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment