Friday, March 28, 2014

Teaching the Tot--Pattern Blocks

We have had these Melissa and Doug Beginner Pattern Blocks for quite a while now.
 
Olivia mastered them a while ago, but she still likes to play with them.

 The triangles use to give her a little trouble, but she can see which way they need to be turned with ease now.

We do each board over and over, so I thought it was time to extend this activity.  I decided we'd give patterns a try.
We had tried a few months ago and she didn't get it at all.  This time I showed her how to do it one time and spoke the patterns out loud each time. She got it right away.

She was pleased with herself.

and yes, we are still sitting in a "W". :/

We only did AB patterns.

I have some more difficult pattern block cards in my teaching stuff that I am going to have to dig out.  We will keep practicing patterns too, but this was a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment