Thursday, March 27, 2014

Bumpie Shared Recipes


We were blessed with many meals from friends after Logan's birth. I also had a freezer full of meals--some made by me and some from those same great friends.  But the time came last week for me to resume my meal planning/grocery shopping/meal cooking ways.

The June moms do a weekly "what's for dinner" check in.  I rarely participate. I'm not on top of things enough to always know what I am making when the post comes on Monday morning.  But I do sometimes pay attention.  There were all sorts of recipes that had been tried and enjoyed by these ladies.  I made note of them and they became my meal plan for this past week.  We really liked them all.

Parmesan Crusted Chicken
(source)
First up was Parmesan Crusted Chicken from Hellmann's.  It was simple, but was really tasty.

(source)
Next up was this One Pan Wonder.  I've seen multiple people post this on Facebook this week. Again, it was pretty easy to prepare.  I loved that it was all in one pan because I tend to use way too many dishes during my meal prep/cooking.  I didn't think Michael liked it too much.  He doesn't really like red potatoes. Green beans aren't his favorite either. But when I asked him about it he said it was good. I was pretty buttery. I'm not sure an entire stick was necessary.

Mexican pulled pork tacos
(source)  
I'm not really a huge fan of Mexican, but these Mexican pulled pork tacos just looked good.  They are made in the slow cooker.  I'll be honest.  When I was smelling all the chili powder and cumin while it cooked, I was getting a little nervous.  These were really good though.  Michael and I both really liked them.  I used salsa instead of tomato sauce and skipped the cilantro.  It made enough for us to have leftovers and freeze some.


Soy-Ginger Pot Roast
(source)
 Again, this soy-ginger pot roast is not necessarily my style. I'm not a huge ginger and soy sauce fan, but the person who posted it said it was really good.  I thought I'd give it a try. Once again, we really liked it.  It was a bit salty for me, BUT I grew up eating pretty bland food so I tend to be more salt sensitive.  I asked Michael and he said he didn't think it was overly salty.  I bought egg noodles to make with it, but I ended up making mashed potatoes instead.  Roast just means mashed potatoes to me.

I would make them all again, and that is saying something.  I never have that great of results when it comes to Pinterest recipes.  I hope these ladies keep sharing the good ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment