Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Friday Fun

I'm a little behind on blogging.  Mostly because there is a baby in my arms most of the day!
We had a pretty good day on Friday though, so I thought I would share some of the images.
Olivia really wanted me to play in her room after rest time.  So I threw one of her old blankets on the floor and laid Logan down.  She was trying to entertain him with some of her old baby toys. She kept running to his room to grab one after the other.

She just loves him!

It was 60 degrees out, which is like a heat wave around here lately.  Michael cut out of work early and we took a walk around the neighborhood.  He was going to push Olivia on the trike with the parent bar, but she wanted to walk.  She ended up in the wagon the second time we went around.

At the last minute we decided to keep the fun going and use a gift card we had for dinner out.  It was our first time in a sit down restaurant in what feels like forever!

This guy slept through his entire first experience. :)

The place we went has a 99 cent ice cream bar if you order a kids meal.  I don't think Olivia has ever had a dessert while out at a restaurant and I can count on one hand the number of times she's had ice cream.  We decided to let her get it as a special treat.   Michael took her to the bar to put the toppings on and she could hardly contain herself when she got back to the table.  She started shouting, "Mommy, I got sprinkles and m&m's and cookies!"  We told her it was for being a good big sister and being so patient lately.  She has been going on all weekend about it. "Remember when I got a special treat because I am a good big sister and for being patient?" :)

Since we were already out and about, we decided to extend the evening and stroll around Target.  That is when I stumbled upon this beauty...
 Let me explain... I had this rug on my registry.  But then it ended up not being available online.  It was only available at one store in our area, and not one that I frequent.  But I had planned to go and pick it up at some point.  Well, before I got there it was gone and their website said the nearest place to get it was Dayton (which is over an hour away for those of you who don't know).  I even started looking it up in places where relatives live thinking I may have them ship it to me.  The rug was priced for $35-$40.  I figured shipping it would make it too expensive, so I gave up on that idea.  Then the next time I checked it wasn't listed on their website at all.  The only place I could find it online was on Amazon for $80!!  Yeah.  That wasn't happening.  I was sad that my superhero rug dream had to die.  UNTIL I spotted it on our leisurely walk through Target. It was total fluke too.  It was all rolled up and in a bin with totally different rugs. I recognized the colors though.  I snatched it up and had Michael scan it for a price. $20!!!!  I'm guessing maybe someone returned it?  Or it was misplaced at one point.  Either way, I was/am ecstatic. It came home with us and is going to make a great addition to Logan's room.  I have just a few more little handmade details to tend to and then it will be all done.

It was a perfect Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment