Saturday, April 3, 2010

"Ask me Anything" answers

Thanks to everyone who played my little "happy 200th post" game.  Hopefully you will have fun reading my answers... and maybe even learn a thing or two about me! :)


Here you go (in no particular order)

What do you get at Starbucks?
I almost always get a venti caramel macchiato.  During the holiday season, I love the pumpkin spice latte.  However, it's freakin' loaded with calories, so I try to keep that to a minimum.  In the summer when it's hot and you don't want something hot to drink, I either get an iced caramel macchiato or a caramel frappuccino.

What is your favorite movie of all time?
Oh my gosh... I am horrible at "favorite" type questions.  While I am generally a decisive person, something about saying what my "favorite" is makes me feel like I'm all boxed in.  You'd think I have commitment issues or something! :)  I guess I would have to say Hope Floats.  I like feel good movies.  If they bring a tear to my eye, all the better. ha!  When I first saw Hope Floats I loved it.  Then more and more there were parts in it that I could relate to or learn a lesson from and it just sort of stuck with me as a "favorite".

What does God mean to you?
Hmm... going deep, huh? :)  God means many things to me.  For the sake of keeping this on the shorter side and not preaching, I'll just list a few words--my Savior, friend, unconditional love, sovereign, strength, forgiveness, all knowing, and provider.  I could go on and on.  If I had to pick just one thing that God is to me, it's faithful.  That has pretty much been the theme of my life and the word that always sticks out above all others in my mind.  When people let you down, God is faithful.  When life gets rough, God is faithful.  When you don't know where you are going to get the money for your next meal, God is faithful.  He is and always has been faithful to me--even when I haven't been faithful to him.

What is 1 food you could eat everyday and NOT get sick of it?
Just one? :)  Well, I already told you I could eat Chick-fil-a every day and not get sick of it, but that's more of a place with lots of different food as opposed to just one food.  If I had to pick just one food, I'm going to have to go with CHEESE! lol!  Mmmmm!  I love me some cheese.
(Other foods that crossed my mind were pizza, cheesecake, pickles, tiramasu, and pasta)
 
What is 1 thing that annoys you about marriage (or in your marriage--and we all have them!) 
The thing that annoys me most about marriage is that I have to share a bed.  Seriously.  It is terrible.  Neither one of us sleep well.  Some nights Michael gets up and goes downstairs if he can't sleep.  I secretly rejoice because that means I can spread out and I almost always fall asleep immediately.  If he's in the bed I get much less sleep.  We've even talked about how great it would be to be like those old TV shows and have our own beds.  That's my answer.  It annoys me to have to share a bed.
 
Who is your favorite cousin? (hee hee)
Are you trying to get me in trouble?  My answer is.............  Jimmy.



LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Gotcha! 
I'm not claiming favorites... for the sake of keeping the two readers I have.  ha!  But I will say that at different times in my life I have been closest with Sonja and Erica.

How did you pay down your debt?
Before we were married all of our extra money went to our wedding.  Michael worked a second job to help pay for it.  (Unfortunately, even with this and help from my dad, we still ended up having some debt from it.)  We started our marriage with $65,000 of debt not including our condo.  This was made up of student loans from me, a student loan of Michael's that was not covered by the GI bill, wedding expenses, car payments, and credit card debt.  We loosely followed Dave Ramsey's plan.  When we first got married we were in different jobs and money was tighter.  We just plugged away as best we could.  The first part of the plan is to have $1000 emergency fund.  We worked on that.  Then you start with your smallest debt and work to pay that off.  When you pay that off, you snowball that payment into the next payment.  So for example, if your smallest debt had a payment of $50 and you were paying that every month, once that debt is paid off, you can still afford to pay that $50 because you've been doing it all along.  So you then roll that $50 into the next lowest debt you have.  We eventually got the car, all credit card debt, the wedding debt and Michael's student loan paid off with this system.  We are now working on my student loans.

Are you saving money?
We are not currently saving money right now.  We have an emergency fund and all else is going to debt.  Once the debt is paid off, the next step is to save 3 to 6 months worth of income.

How did you make your budget?
 We tracked what we had been spending on things like food, gas, entertainment, clothes, etc.  Then we tried to tighten those areas up.  Really, our budget has changed a couple of times since we started.  I think this is necessary as we ourselves and our circumstances change.  Currently, our budget is $100 a week for groceries, including health and beauty items.  Our gas budget is about $200 a month.  We got this number from guessing that we each will fill our tank once a week and the fill will be about $25.  We don't always spend $200, but we do both drive quite a distance to work.  We each get $100 a month cash as spending money.  This is suppose to cover any entertainment, eating out with friends, drive thru runs, clothes, and anything else we want to spend it on.  The rest of our budget is basically what our bills and commitments are.  We tithe 10%.  I also figure in a $100 cushion for the "just in case".  Then all our extra money after those things are taken care of goes to our debt.  Because the "left over money" is a big chunk, we can and do make exceptions.  For example, if we needed something done on the car, we just take some out of the chunk and send less to the debt (always paying what is due though).  Our vacation is coming out of our extra.  That means this month we won't be sending a huge chunk to debt.  We have to still be able to live our lives and have fun! :)  I hope that made sense.

Who is your favorite sister?
Go fishing much?  Kind of like my cousin!  I'd say Angella.  I think that was obvious when she was my maid of honor.  She is the sibling I'm closest to. 

Who loves you the most (besides your sweetie)?
Oh brother.  I think there are only a handful of people that truly love me for me... not just giving lip service or saying so because they have to or we share blood.  I think that handful probably all love me in similar ways, but for the sake of playing the game, I guess I'll say Ang since she is one of the closest people to me.

Are you ready for your fabulous vacation? 
YES!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you psyched for game night?
 

Since it already happened... no.   But I am psyched at how I dominated!  Ok, really it was Michael who dominated, but I didn't do too bad myself. :)
 
Did you pack the games?
 

yes
 
When do you want to go shopping next?

Any time after I get back from my trip.  I'm always game to spend other people's money.  (I say that because it's my sister who asked this question and she wants me to decorate her house for her!)

What is one thing you'd change about yourself?
Currently, my weight
 I would say my round face, but my husband happens to love that about me.  If I didn't have it... I may not have ended up with him.  So I think I'll keep it! :)
 What is one thing you LOVE about yourself?
That I know who I am.  Really.  I know my strengths and my weaknesses.  I understand my personality and how it works with others.  I don't get my value or self worth from who others think I am, say I am, perceive me to be, or box me into.  I have my own thoughts, opinions, likes and dislikes.  I don't have to copy others in order to feel acceptance.  I have never been swayed by the crowd (or peer pressure) and I don't plan on starting now.
 What was it really like to move somewhere where you didn't know anyone or the place?
Well, at first it was really no big deal.  I think I was more nervous about my first day of teaching.  It was exciting and fun all wrapped in to one.  It was my first time on my own so I was more focused on furnishing my apartment and how I would decorate my classroom.  Plus, I met what would turn out to be my adopted family after the second or third day of living here.  That helped.  However, after all the excitement wore off and things settled into a nice normal, I was very lonely and sad.  I had just left college where I spent four years living every day with my best friends.  I missed them, the college life, the community I was apart of and all that went with it.  I remember crying many times asking God just to give me a Brett and Amanda in Columbus.  I think my experience would have been much different had I been a little older, or not straight out of college, or already had some experience out on my own and then switched states.  Either way, it was overall very easy for me and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

  How long can you hold your breath?
I have no idea, but if I were you, I'd never put money on me holding it for any long length of time.  I'd say probably shorter than the average person.
 What is the craziest thing you've ever done?
Have the first airplane ride of MY LIFE be a 13 HOUR flight to RUSSIA.  I mean, honestly.  Who does that?
Also--see two questions above! :)
Got any good jokes?
As we speak, AT&T is a pretty big joke in my life.  ;)
 And what would you do at the movie theater if a group of people are rudely talking behind you? Really, what would you do?
First, I would probably just turn around and glare at them.  If that didn't work, I'd probably shush them (and not turn around).  If they still kept going, I'd probably turn around and say something like, "Seriously" or "Can you please stop?"  If after all those attempts they were still ruining it for me, I'd probably go get someone.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment