Saturday, April 17, 2010

Pioneer Woman's Apple Dumplings

I think I've mentioned The Pioneer Woman's blog back when I gave you my Christmas list.  Remember I wanted her new cookbook?  And I got it!  Well, I'm going to share some more of her with you.

I've been reading The Pioneer Woman's blog for over two years now.  When I started reading it, it was best known for having amazing recipes.  It has grown into so much more now.  I'll admit, I don't read it as faithfully as I use to, but it is a great blog to check out.  The Pioneer Woman's name is Ree and she use to be a city girl who loved her Starbucks and sushi.  She met and married a cowboy and now lives on a ranch in Oklahoma.  She has tons of yummy recipes on her blog, although not at all healthy.  I've tried quite a few and I've made one from the cookbook already.  One that I've made a few times already is her Apple Dumplings.  They are pure sugar and fat, but they are so easy to make and are outrageously yummy.

Before I left on my trip, we had a game night at my sister's house.  I brought them to make as my contribution.  It was a team effort, so you may see many hands and fingers involved.  They were a success once again.

Ingredients
  • 2 whole Granny Smith Apples
  • 2 cans (8 Oz. Cans) Crescent Rolls
  • 2 sticks Butter
  • 1-½ cup Sugar
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla
  • Cinnamon, To Taste
  • 1 can (12 Oz.) Mountain Dew Soda
Peel and core apples.  Cut each apple into 8 slices each.
 Roll each apple slice in a crescent roll. Place in a 9 x 13 buttered pan. 
 Melt butter, then add sugar and barely stir. Add vanilla, stir, and pour entire mixture over apples
 Pour Mountain Dew around the edges of the pan. 
 Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. (I actually have cooked it for about five to ten minutes longer each time... you'll have to just check them at 40 and decide for yourself.)
 Serve with ice cream, and spoon some of the sweet sauces from the pan over the top.
Pure heaven!  I promise.
If you want to check out Pioneer Woman's professional post on the subject, here's the link.

1 comment:

  1. They really are THAT good!! :-) So glad you "forgot" the recipe at my house!

    Ang

    ReplyDelete