Thursday, April 29, 2010

Fast Family Fajitas

Mmmm... this recipe is so yummy.  It's a Pampered Chef recipe.  I've been making this for years.  
I even use to make it for myself when I lived alone for two years.  It makes great leftovers!
It's relatively quick and easy too, which is always good.

Here's what you'll need:
The recipe calls for 1 green and 1 red bell pepper.  I just use 2 green.  It's cheaper.  
(The red is just to make it "prettier" anyway.)
2 tsp vegetable oil, divided
1 pound of chicken
1 garlic clove, pressed
1/2 cup of salsa
1/2 cup of water
1 envelope (Lipton's Recipe Secrets) Onion Soup Mix
tortilla's (I like to use La Tortilla factory--loaded with fiber and low in cal)

1. Cut bell peppers into 1/2 inch strips

2. Cut chicken into thin strips
Heat skillet on med-high heat.  Add 1 tsp oil and chicken.
Stir fry 3 to 4 minutes until chicken is no longer pink.
 Remove from skillet and set aside. 

3. Add remaining oil, peppers and garlic
Stir fry 1 to 2 minutes or until veggies are crisp-tender


4. Add chicken, onion soup mix, water and salsa.

5. Cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through.



 6. Serve on warmed tortilla.
(This is a small tortilla and a small plate.  I know it's hard to tell)


I like to eat mine with a little cheese and some reduced fat sour cream. YUM!


Michael and I decided that 1 and a half is the perfect serving size for us! (after trying to eat 2)

Also, I'll warn you.... these are SUPER messy!
I don't mind though, because the taste outweighs the mess in my world.
We hadn't had these in a while and just had them the other night.  
Michael said, "Oh yeah, I remember these.  You need a shower after eating them!"  
Then he said, "But they are good!" :)

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I tried these and really liked them! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete