Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Olivia's Party

The party started at 2 and people were prompt! :)  Everyone chatted at first, and I encouraged the kiddos to head to the craft tables.  Soon after people were eating.
We had a total of 16 adults (3 of the husbands couldn't make it) and 11 kids (3 ended up not coming).  That included us.  It was a nice sized party.  Not too big and not too small.

This is one of the best pictures I got of us.  Unfortunately, Olivia's naptime had to be cut short for the party.  Our church has Saturday night service, so our party couldn't really be after her nap and I didn't want to do it too early in the day.  Partly, because that would cut into my decorating time and partly because I didn't want to serve lunch.  She was tired, but did a great job!

I got ready at the last minute. I was so hot.  My hair was droopy, and I had no time to touch up my make up.  Thankfully I didn't look as much like the train wreck that I felt.

Our party was 5 couples from our life groups (or the halves that didn't have to work), my boss and Little man, Michael's mom, and two of Michael's friends from high school that now live here too.


After crafts, eating and mingling, we opened gifts.  We saved the gifts from us and her grandmas for at the house.  I didn't know how she was going to do.  One year olds don't really "open" gifts.  I didn't want a long drawn out process.  People get bored.  Since there was only 8 families represented, there were only 8 gifts to open.  Not bad.
Reading the card from Little Man...  My boss got her 2 swim suits and 8 outfits/dresses.  She has a whole new wardrobe!
Olivia had pulled her bow out, messed up her hair, and looked super sleepy in all of the pictures.  Besides clothes from my boss, she got pajamas, hair bows, books, a toy phone, another dress, two toy picnic baskets, and a doll.

Next up was the pinata.
Each kid pulls a string until the string attached to the trap door releases the candy.


I was taking pictures and Michael was holding the pinata, so my boss took Olivia over to pull a string.

It was taking longer than expected, so it ended up turning into a free for all.
It was literally the LAST string pulled.

Obviously Olivia doesn't eat candy, so I didn't even have a bag for her.  She did get in on the action though.
(Unfortunately, I'm new to the whole DSLR world and the focus is not on the right object.)
It takes a long time to pick up five pounds of candy off the floor!

Next up was cake.

 Everyone singing

Blowing out the candle

She went right for the bow.. which was gumpaste, so I took the bow and beak off.

She was pretty slow going with it.  Not like the when we did her pictures.
 I eventually shoved her hands in it a little.

Looking at daddy
I served cake to everyone, people chatted for a bit, and that pretty much summed it up. :)

1 comment:

  1. You did a great job!! It looks like the party was very nice! :-) Sorry we couldn't be there! :-(

    Love you!
    Ang

    ReplyDelete