Monday, July 2, 2012

One Year Pictures

Wow, I have had a list of blogs I have wanted to write, but it has been a ridiculously busy last couple of weeks.  When it rains, it pours I guess!

Some of you have seen a preview of her pictures on facebook.  Our photographer put up about 15 pictures (which is a BIG "sneak peek"), so those were most of best ones.  I thought I'd share here anyway though.  Just in case there are those who are not on my facebook page.

We loved the person we used for our newborn pictures, but she is SUPER expensive.  I knew I wanted an independent professional photographer to do our pics, verses sitting in a studio.  The blog Kelly's Korner (I've mentioned her before on here) was having a link up party once to show what you sell.  I noticed there was a local DFW photographer.  She is a stay at home mom just starting out.  Her prices were reasonable, and I was all about helping out a fellow mom.
We met at a local park in Plano, TX.  It was super hot (of course!), but we all managed.
Olivia didn't know what was going on at first.


But she warmed up to it pretty quick...
I love this one!


Then we wanted to try to see if she would hold them.
Our photographer wanted the field in the background.  Unfortunately, that left the sun right in Olivia's eyes.  Plus, getting her to hold the balloons was tricky.  I had to wrap/tie it around her wrist and even that wasn't really working.
I had the idea that we would have Olivia let the balloons go, and the photographer could snap a picture of them floating up... or her watching them... or something along those lines.  Well, no matter how hot it is here in Texas, it always seems windy (check out the balloons!).  You know... "Oklahoma, where the wind goes sweeping down the plains".  Yeah.  It sweeps right on down here to North Texas! That didn't happen.  They flew off super fast.  Oh well.

Then we took a walk down the path and took a few pictures with the "ONE" I made.
You can see that Olivia was a little hot.  Her hair is sweaty in some pictures.  It was 6 at night too--not 2 in the afternoon!

This seemed to be a fan favorite.  She actually does that with her foot a lot.  She taps it sometimes too.  Silly girl! :)

Since these files are so big, I don't want to make the post so full that it takes forever to load.  I am going to post the pictures of her in her other outfit tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment