Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day

Yesterday was Michael's first Father's Day.  I was sort of at a loss of what to do and then all of the sudden all of his gifts came together in a days time and I'm pretty pleased with them. :)

I enjoyed my "day off" on Mother's Day, but in my opinion that's just not a Father's Day type of gift.  Michael only sees Olivia an hour and a half (at most) on the weekdays, so I don't think giving him a "day off" is really a gift to either him or Olivia.  Time together is what they need on the weekends.

This is why I was a little stumped.  I didn't want to go the whole video game/movie route.  Yes, he enjoys those things, but I wanted it to be something related to being a father... or at least along those lines.

He did get to start his day by sleeping in.  This, in my opinion, was part of his gift! We had our anniversary date night (more on that another time) the night before and then came home and stayed up way too late messing around on our computers.  Crawling out of bed after only 6 hours of sleep at best was not necessarily something I wanted to do. Gift. :)

I thought it would be cute for Olivia to sport a Dad shirt and spotted this one on sale at Old Navy.
(Classic Olivia)

I also made him these blocks.
He has really been into decorating his cubical at work and keeps mentioning that he needs pictures of Olivia for some frames he has.  I thought this would be a cute addition.  He loved it.  (Tutorial coming!)

Next up was two cards--one from me and one from Olivia.
 I also wrote a letter "from" Olivia.  I thought it was cute and sweet.
Then he got a daddy/daughter book and the Avengers t-shirt with the note that said "Thank you for being MY super hero!"

Besides hanging out and playing with Olivia's toys, we went out to lunch, made a quick run to Costco, took a nap, and went swimming.  I think he had a good day.  At least I hope so. :)

1 comment: