Thursday, June 21, 2012

Father's Day Craft

I forgot to put up here the craft Little Man did.  I found the idea on the internet and then sort of tweaked it.  It's not one of those "Oh my goodness, how cute" type of crafts, but it was made from the heart and Little Man was proud.

It's a pencil holder! :)
We took the bottom half of a milk jug, cut it, washed it, and turned it into a desk top beauty!

Little Man glued pasta on the sides to spell Dad and make designs.  He chose red paint (the one I saw online was gold).  He attempted to help me spray paint it, but it was not working out that well so I did most of it.

We did two coats.  It probably could have used another, but I was getting nervous using red spray paint on the pretty (re: expensive) patio pavers--even though I laid down a cover.

Then we took it the next step further and added pencils with little flag messages.
He wrote things like "I love you", "You're awesome", "You rock" and "You're cool".

He also colored a father's day picture, which we attached to the gift bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment