Sunday, June 24, 2012

12 Month Loves

Well, we made it a year.  I'm pretty proud that I stuck with it.  Other bloggers that have done this have quit before making it the full year.  I'll admit, it did get a little harder as time went on.  There is just more needed when they are itty bitty.

Here is what we were loving this month.

Playtex First Sipster
I mentioned in my Five for Friday that we have found these sippy cups to work the best.  Olivia drinks both milk and water from them.  Technically they are "starter" sippys, but I plan on using them as long as necessary. :)

AVENT Natural Cup
We also have a few of these, which I happen to like.  Have you ever heard a parent say something like, "He won't drink out of his cup, but he always wants to drink out of mine!"?  This gives them the feel of a big person cup, but in sippy form.  Avent was listening to the people!  It is meant for 12 months plus, and is not necessarily spill proof.  It does have a lid for travel purposes.  We use it sometimes, and Olivia enjoys using it.  I only give her water in it though because sometimes she gets more in her mouth that she can handle.  I can see it being a great find for future use though.

Leap Frog My Pal Violet
I asked my mom to get this for Olivia for Christmas.  I had heard good reviews about it and thought it was something we should add to our collection.  Olivia has liked her from the beginning, but she has really gotten into her in the past month or so.  She knows how to turn her on and will then immediately start dancing to the music.  She looks to us to see if we are grooving too. :)  I love it that you can personalize it.  You plug it into your computer, go to the Leap Frog website, and can put in the name of your child, choose songs that you want it to play, and add information in like your child's favorite color/animal/food.  Then all of that information is used in the songs and play.  So cool.

Crib Rail Covers
Yep, we have a little beaver on our hands.  She started chewing on her crib rails.  We decided to use these cheap gummy ones.  We are hoping we don't regret that decision in the long run, but so far they are working out.


Pedipeds 
 I realize some of you may think I'm a little crazy on this one, but that's OK.  I think we all know that it's best for babies to NOT wear shoes.  Their feet are still forming, so not only is it easier for them to learn to walk that way, but it also helps to not mess with their feet.  Therefore, if your child is going to wear shoes, they should be as close to barefoot as possible.  Now I am all about the cute shoes from Target that are mimicking the latest styles, but that is only for when she is not going to be walking/crawling/cruising (ie pictures and/or riding in a shopping cart! :)  But on a day to day basis, in the event that she has to wear shoes, I want them to be good for her feet.  Yes, I know you can get crib shoes at Target for $10, but Olivia comes from a long line of bad feet (thanks to her daddy) and I want to insure that she has as much support as she needs.  I have done my research and knew pedipeds were a good place for us to start.  Since they are $30 (as opposed to $10), I went for silver so they would match everything.  Nordstrom sells them, so we went there to get her right size. Then I ordered them on amazon.  I did see some places selling them for $60+.  I'm not that crazy!  She is barefoot as much as possible, but at places like Little Man's gymnastics or TKD when she wants to be crawling or cruising in a public place, I'd like her to have shoes on.

Well, that's it.  I'm not going to be doing the monthly posts anymore.  From here on out, if I find something that I like or want to share about, I'll just do a "good find" post like the old days.  I hope these were helpful to someone. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment